Timing is important when you’re burdened with water damage. In Florida, some of the most common types of water damage can occur simply from a rainy weekend, while other times plumbing issues can be the source of water damage inside your home. Whatever the case may be, water damage can happen at any time. Water can be destructive to your home or your business and should be addressed immediately if at all possible. At Dry First, our Tampa water damage experts understand the need to mitigate losses by offering water damage services that are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the event that you need our around the clock emergency response team.
In the event you experience water damage, it’s important to do the following:
- Call Dry First immediately. The faster you call our water damage restoration services, the easier it is to prevent further damage.
- Take photos of the damage to for any insurance claim purposes.
- Turn off any circuit breakers that supply electricity to any room that is subject to water damage.
- Remove area rugs to prevent your floors from staining.
- Do not attempt to use a vacuum to clean up water. Electrical shock may result, and it could damage your equipment.
- Avoid walking around carpeted areas to prevent the spread of water that could result in further damage.
- If the cause of the flooding is due to plumbing, make sure the water source is turned off.
If not immediately taken care of, water can cause many costly problems that can arise quickly. The faster you call, the faster we arrive, which allows less time for building materials to absorb the water. Water damage provides the ideal environment for mold growth, which can lead to serious health issues if the problem is not resolved. If the drying process is delayed even for a couple hours, mold growth may require Dry First to also conduct mold removal services.
A dry home is a healthy home, and at Dry First, our goal is to dry your house as quickly as possible. Our Tampa water damage restoration experts will perform the following to prevent further damage:
- Using our truck-mounted vacuuming equipment, we remove any excess water from your home. Our high-tech drying equipment lessens the potential for your walls, baseboards and floors from swelling and warping.
- If anything has been ruined from the water (carpet, padding, vinyl, etc.), we will remove wet materials as needed.
- We perform an inspection of walls and cabinets using moisture detection equipment to determine how many pieces of drying equipment will be necessary.
- We focus on drying carpet and walls using air-movers and dehumidifiers to prevent odors and mold from colonizing and causing further damage.
It’s important to contact your homeowners insurance company after we have assessed the damage and taken pictures. Once your claim is accepted by your insurance, we will invoice your insurance company directly. Keep in mind that not all forms of water damage are covered under standard homeowners insurance policies. Flood insurance for example, is often a separate policy that you must purchase in order for insurance to cover weather-related water damage.
Our Tampa water damage restoration professionals are trained to handle all types of water damage including restoration and clean up. It’s important to rely on a company who will respond immediately to your water damage event; this is why our 24 hour emergency services are always on call to assist you. Call our 24-hour emergency service at (813) 662-3544 for quick-response services that can dry your home or business as quickly as possible.